Thursday, December 13, 2012

Gone Girl

This book left me feeling gross.  Like I went out alone, drank too much, and woke up next to some guy I don't know.... and it was awesome.  Maybe I'm not reading the right books, but it's rare that I find something that completely surprises me.  This one did.  I don't want to say too much, because I believe this one is best read clueless, but I'm tempted to go back and read it again to see if I can connect all the little dots.  Any married person out there can find a little bit of their own relationship in this couples'.  Hopefully not too much.  I think every relationship comes to a point where both people realize they probably haven't been 100% themselves with their partner, and maybe they never will.  Gillian Flynn puts this into words perfectly with these characters.

If you are open to a few sleepless nights (you won't be able to put this one down) and a total reading hangover when you're done, READ IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment